New laboratory facility in Spain
Updated: Jun 20, 2019
We are excited to announce the new upgraded laboratory facilities of i2LResearch Southern Europe, our Spanish office in Girona, Spain. We now have a fully equipped small laboratory for testing Biocides/Household and Professional products, and for screening and registration purposes. The facility includes:
- 1 x 30 m3 controlled climate chamber (Temperature, RH% and light conditions can be modulated to accommodate the specific requirements for the arthropod test system)
- 1 Dark Chamber for insect testing (attractants/repellents for fleas, ticks, etc)
- 2 x 400 L incubators (0-65°C & RH 50-90%)
- 1 x 30 m3 controlled climate chamber for insect culturing and plant growing outside of season
- Test arenas for undertaking crawling insect simulated-use (semi-field) studies.
In addition, we have specialised equipment, including precision balances, pipettes and spray equipment, a water deioniser, fume cupboards and an online temperature and humidity monitoring system for fridges/incubators/testing chambers.
This upgraded laboratory facility enables our Spanish office to conduct laboratory and simulated use trials all year round on species such as ants, cockroaches, flies, etc, and compliments its established field capabilities that include:
- 240 m2 plastic polytunnel for crop testing
- 6000 m2 field area for vegetables, cereals and turf testing
- Extensive network of arable farmers and practicing agronomists facilitating access to a number of key sites.
- Extensive network of regional orchards (apple, pear, vine, etc.), tree nurseries and extensive crops (cereals, vegetables, rice) for insect, fungus and herbicide testing
- Extensive network of regional dairy farms, horse liveries and infested sites with cockroaches, flies, fleas and ants.
For further information and to arrange a visit to our new Spanish laboratory facility please contact Roger Latorre:
i2LResearch Southern Europe, c/ Mare de Déu de Montserrat, 30. 17844 Cornellà del Terri (Spain)
Mobile tel: +34 696047805, General tel: +34 972 596 140, Fax: +34 972 596 140 Web: www.i2lresearch.com